Festival of Families
- Location: Milwaukee Marriott West, W231 N 1600 Corporate Court, Waukesha, WI 53186
- Dates: August 3 through August 6, 2017
- Room Rates: $119.00 night for double and king size rooms (room rate guaranteed until July 3 if available) and there are limited number of connectors. Please note as of 5/5/2017, we are at a near sold out situation and only king size rooms are available. Make your reservations by calling Rachel Kruk. Her direct phone number is 262-832-0840.
Conference Brochure available now. Download Conference Brochure
5p- Society Hall of Fame
To honor that special parent(s), sibling, grandparent(s), or Volunteer of Year, who has gone above and beyond the call of duty, for the 5p– Society, please fill out the below form and submit it to 5p– Society, PO Box 268, Lakewood, California 90714 or send in an email to email@example.com.
Please be sure to include all of the information, especially the honoree’s mailing address and phone number. Also, be sure to tell us how this person went above and beyond for the 5p– Society. We look forward to hearing from you! Awards will be presented at the 2017 National Conference in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Deadline for submission is: June 25, 2017
Registration opens March 1, 2017:
- Member registration fees –
- Early bird – $150.00 for up to 2 adults and 2 children (additional adults $50, additional children $25) if received by July 1, 2017.
- After July 1, 2017 it will be $200.00 for up to 2 adults and 2 children (additional adults $50, additional children $25).
- Click here for the online registration link for Members
- Non-Member registration fees –
- Early bird – $200.00 for up to 2 adults and 2 children (additional adults $50, additional children $25) if received by July 1, 2017.
- After July 1, 2017 it will be $250.00 for up to 2 adults and 2 children (addition adults $50, additional children $25).
- Click here for the online registration link for Non-Members
- Professional registration fees –
- Early bird – $75.00 if received by July 1, 2017.
- After July 1, 2017 it will be $100.00. Professionals = doctors, nurses, therapists, teachers.
- Click here for the online registration link for Professionals
- Any questions, please send Laura an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Raise funds for the conference, reap rewards!! Once again, the 5p- Society will institute its rewards program for those who fundraise for the conference. The breakdown and rewards are as follows:
- Raise $1500.00 and your conference registration for UP TO 2 adults and 2 children will be covered;
- Raise $3000.00 and your conference registration for UP TO 2 adults and 2 children will be covered and one night of your hotel stay will be covered;
- Raise $5000.00 and your conference registration for UP TO 2 adults and 2 children will be covered and three nights of your hotel stay will be covered.
Scholarships will be available for 5 (five) families who would like to attend the conference but have difficulty coming up with the registration and/or hotel fee. Application and Guidelines will be available March 1st. Deadline to submit online will be May 1st. Recipients will be notified by May 15th. Download the Financial Assistance Scholarship Application here.
There are several volunteer opportunities at the conference. Child care helpers (teens and adults) are needed to work in our 5 child care rooms for both Friday morning and all day Saturday. Volunteers are also needed to accompany the siblings on their outing all day Saturday. If you are interested, or know someone who may be, please direct them to our 5p- Society Conference Volunteer Form. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have by sending an email to email@example.com.
The following Speakers and Presentation Topics have been confirmed
- Dr. Dennis Campbell – Cri du Chat 101
- Dr. AmySue Reilly – Effective Behavior Modification
- Dr. Jennifer Rosinia – Sensory Processing Disorder
- Dr. John Thometz – Orthopedic Issues (Scoliosis) and Tom Current, Hanger Mobility (Orthotics including braces, SMO’s, AFO’s, helmets, etc.)
- Dr. Alfonso Martinez – GI Issues and Cri du Chat Syndrome
- Shanida Mathieu – Effective IEP
- Lisa Juliar – Technology as a Life Tool
- Erin Syverson and Michaela Cline – Genetics
- Mary Anne Elhert – Planning for the future – ABLEAct
- Jennifer Eggert – Speech and Language Therapy
- Nick Wallace – Father’s Workshop
- Custom Canines – Therapy Dogs
- Kent Nicholls – New Family Orientation
- James Chalmers – My life with Cri du Chat Syndrome
- Jannie Boulanger – Living with a brother with Cri du Chat Syndrome
Host Family Message
Hello 5P- family and friends!
The 2017 5P- Society’s annual conference will be held in Milwaukee, WI at the Milwaukee Marriott West hotel. The Marriott West is a beautiful, newly renovated hotel that is located just minutes away from Milwaukee area’s most popular water park, The Country Springs Hotel/Water Park. It really is fun for all ages!
Milwaukee is a wonderful city to visit (http://visitmilwaukee.org/visitors) and is known as the city of festivals. There are different festivals held almost every week in the summer months. It is also known as the Brew City for its deep rooted brewing history and if you’re interested, most of the breweries offer tours to learn more about their beginnings. Another site to see is the Milwaukee RiverWalk which is a 3 mile path along the Milwaukee River. It is a great way to view Milwaukee’s beautiful downtown area. One thing is for sure, you cannot leave Milwaukee without visiting the Bronze Fonze!
When visiting Wisconsin you might consider these other fun options as well.
- The Milwaukee County Zoo,
- the Harley Davidson Museum,
- the Wisconsin State Fair,
- Wisconsin Dells-which is known as the waterpark capital of the world (and is only about 2 hours from the Marriott),
- Milwaukee Public Museum, Discovery World, or Betty Brinn Children’s Museum.
- Lambeau field-home of The Green Bay Packers
- Sightsee in Madison.
- There are so many great places to visit. We hope to see you in Milwaukee!
Your Host Families are:
Hutch & Brenda Renk,
Jason & Hillary Losen,
Alan & Maria Isberner
The Milwaukee Conference Committee