Have a news story to share? Send the link of the story/news to firstname.lastname@example.org.
StoryTeller, May 25, 2016, Kari Jo Faulhaber
This video captures the heart and soul of Jim Chalmers, an adult with Cri du Chat Syndrome. Jim breaks barriers, stereotypes and judgments of people with disabilities. A must see!!
POPSUGAR, May 24, 2016, Alessia Santoro
With the world focused on the transgender bathroom debate, Shannon Campbell, mother of 16-year-old Brennan, who has Cri du Chat Syndrome, also has a feeling about public bathrooms. “Everyone deserves to use bathrooms safely. But the population that is left behind is the disabled”. She was bold enough to show what she meant. In a FaceBook post she displayed a photo of her son being changed on the floor of a public restroom.
The News Tribune: Puyallup News, May 10, 2016, Heather DeRosas
The McDaniel family successfully lobbied Washington State Governor Jay Inslee to proclaim May 5 as Cri du Chat Syndrome Day.
Annual 5P- Society Conference
Each year the 5p- Society holds a conference for families and caregivers to come together to exchange information and bond over shared experiences. This conference is one of the main reasons for the existence of the Society, and a wonderful experience for conference attendees. It is a powerful experience to bring so many people from all walks of life together with the purpose of making their loved ones’ lives better.
The conference location is moved to a new location each year to provide a range of accessibility to families around North America. Our map below tells you where we have been and were we are going. We are currently looking to Chicago for 2020.
If you are interested in being a conference host family, please email email@example.com.
Family Meet Ups
Would you like to meet other families in your area? The 5p- Society will begin to host five (5) regional meet ups each year. Possible locations will be identified and families in those areas will be contacted. The 5p- Society will sponsor the Family Meet Ups by assisting with any costs involved (up to a limited amount). Are you interested in hosting? Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Conference Sites
- 1986 – Chicago, Illinois
- 1987 – Chicago, Illinois
- 1988 – Detroit, Michigan
- 1989 – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 1990 – Orlando, Florida
- 1991 – New Orleans, Louisiana
- 1992 – Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 1993 – Irvine, California
- 1994 – Overland Park, Kansas
- 1995 – Boston, Massachusetts
- 1996 – Houston, Texas
- 1997 – Cincinnati, Ohio
- 1998 – Seattle, Washington
- 1999 – Chicago, Illinois
- 2000 – Miami, Floria
- 2001 – Toronto, Ontario Canada
- 2002 – Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2003 – Memphis, Tennessee
- 2004 – Philadelphia, Pennyslvania
- 2005 – St. Louis, Missouri
- 2006 – San Jose, California
- 2007 – Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 2008 – Virginia Beach, Virginia
- 2009 – Dallas, Texas
- 2010 – Orlando, Florida
- 2011 – Columbus, Ohio
- 2012 – Denver, Colorado
- 2013 – Long Island, New York
- 2014 – San Antonio, Texas
- 2015 – Indianapolis, Indiana
- 2016 – Costa Mesa, California
- 2017 – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 2018 – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- 2019 – Portland, Oregon
26 Jul 2018
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania http://www.visitpittsburgh.com/ The 5p- Society 2018 Conference will be held on July 26-29 at the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center,…
- Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, 112 Washington Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15219Location
05 Aug 2018
The 5p- Society is happy to announce the sponsorship of five Regional Family Get-Togethers in North America for families to…
- 2909 113 Ave, NW Edmonton, Location
12 Aug 2018
The 5p- Society is happy to sponsor five Regional Family Get-Togethers throughout North America to help families connect, share experiences…
- 125 Lege Rock Wau, Acton, Massachusttes Location
18 Jul 2019
The 5p- Society is excited to announce that the 2019 annual conference will be held in Portland, Oregon July 18…
- DoubleTree Hilton Portland 1000 NE Multnomah St, Portland, OR 97232Location