Organize or participate in a Virtual 5K! Create a team, raise funds or host an event.
About This Event
Announcing the 8th Annual Virtual 5k for 5p- benefiting 5p- Society to be held during International Cri du Chat Awareness Week, May 1-15!
So you may be wondering what exactly IS a Virtual 5k?
It is just like any other 5k (or 3.1 miles), except there is no official race location (and no early start times)! The virtual part of this means no traveling or fighting crowds. It also means you get to choose where, with whom, and even how you want to go that 3.1 miles!
The Virtual 5k for 5p- can be done at any time and on any day during Awareness Week. It can even be done in increments throughout the course of the week! Do you walk to school in the morning, around town during the day, or around the office? Great! Keep track of your distance until you hit the 3.1 miles.
How To Participate
This event is open to individuals of all ages and abilities. Once you register, either as an individual or as part of a team, you are set! Team Captains will be in charge of hosting their local events, if they choose to gather as a group.
Since this is not a sanctioned event, there is no penalty if you are unable to complete any or all of the 5k. However, during Awareness Week, we will be asking participants to post pictures of you on your 5k route. This is completely optional – but since our goal is to bring awareness to 5p- Syndrome, we want to do just that! And by using the special #5pminus5k hashtag on your photos, we will be able to keep up with the fun! Stripy socks (one short, one long) are also encouraged, which you can also share on social media using #stripysocks!
(Registration will open March 1, 2022)
- $5 registration
- $25 registration – Includes registration fee, shirt, and custom 2022 Virtual 5k for 5p- race medal (U.S. participants only)
- $35 registration – Includes registration fee, shirt, a pair of custom striped socks and a custom 2022 Virtual 5k for 5p- race medal (U.S. participants only)
- $40 registration – Includes registration fee, shirt, and custom 2022 Virtual 5k for 5p- race medal (International participants)
- $50 registration – Includes registration fee, shirt, a pair of custom striped socks and a custom 2022 Virtual 5k for 5p- race medal (International participants).
- For more information contact Laura at email@example.com.
Thank you to our Sponsors
Thank you also for your Titanium Sponsorship to:
Josh & Katie Johnson Marsona Horan Kevin Legg Tresia Lee
For up-to-date information visit and like us on FaceBook at www.facebook.com/Virtual5kfor5pminus